Friday 11 January 2019

Review, Greggs vegan sausage roll.

Ahh the famous Greggs vegan sausage roll, much rumoured and anticipated, much discussed on social media, but what's it like?

Review, Greggs vegan sausage roll. from UK vegan blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com #vegan #vegansausageroll #greggsvegansausageroll #greggs #veganblogger

The pastry is really light and flaky, the sausage inside is a good, moist texture and is made of Quorn.  It tastes, well, sausage roll-like.  It's nice.  I've eaten more than one since they launched last week. My mum says they're too salty, my colleague says they're a bit greasy, my meat-eating husband says they taste pretty much like the original Greggs sausage roll.  

My most favourite vegan sausage roll are the Linda McCartney ones.  Comparing the two, the Greggs vegan sausage roll has lighter, crispier pastry, the Linda has thicker pastry, the Greggs has a more succulent filling and it's more salty and umami, the Linda vegan sausage roll is more herby and a bit more stodgy.   

Review, Greggs vegan sausage roll. from UK vegan blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com #vegan #vegansausageroll #greggsvegansausageroll #greggs #veganblogger

When I went to buy mine the store had sold out, but if you ask the staff they'll pop some more in the oven for you and they'll be ready in about 10 minutes.  

Have you tried one yet?




5 comments:

  1. I tried one last weekend not realising they're made of Quorn which makes me ill, it did make me ill but even so it was so good! I used to absolutely love sausage rolls and this is just like I remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a few people who are made ill by Quorn, it's such a shame, glad you enjoyed it anyway :) x

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Susie. I agree with your review. I tried it last week. The one I had (think I have tweeted it) the pasty was a little overdone, but still a good Quorn sausage roll. I do think it is a little too salty though, but that may be delib. to add to it being tasty and succulent. I am not a fan of the Linda Mc ones as they do make me feel unwell, I often buy the Cauldron ones instead.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie