Tuesday 13 August 2013

Great Northern Adventure...Day Two...Todmorden, Howarth, Bronte Museum, Hebden Bridge...

So, day two of our Great Northern Adventure.  

First we headed to Todmorden.  This was my idea because I keep reading about Incredible Edible and I wanted to check it out.  We only spent about an hour there, but Todmorden is lovely, I bought a lovely skirt in the charity shop from a girl with a rainbow-y mohican, there are lots of cute cafes, interesting graffiti, a lovely library (I can never resist having a quick look at other libraries!) and  the community growing spaces I'd read so much about.


Then we popped over to Yorkshire to the Bronte Parsonage Museum in Howorth.  This was my favourite part, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte is one of my favourite books and I Loved seeing the school where Charlotte taught, the church where the Bronte's are buried and the house they lived in.  Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights were written in the dining room, and you can see where they sat and wrote, as well as their pens and writing boxes, it's lovely!


On the way home we had a quick half hour in Hebden Bridge, because it looked pretty when we drove through.  I bought a plant pot from a charity shop and some nice hand made dishes from a pottery shop, so I was pretty happy we had stopped.  It had a nice canal with some ducks and a nice little library too.


And then we headed home - phew! A lovely but busy couple of days.

Have you been on an adventure this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie