Tuesday 30 December 2014

What do Vegans Eat? December 2014.

People always ask me 'What do you eat?', so here are a few of the vegan meals I've eaten this month.

What do Vegans Eat?  secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

What do Vegans Eat?  secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

What do Vegans Eat?  secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

These three meals were all eaten when I was at the German Christmas Market in Birmingham.  The top photo shows fried potatoes and mushrooms, which are absolutely delicious.  Then I had a pretzel, also delicious.  Then I had an onion bhaji wrap with balti chips.  The guy at the Indian food stall saw we had bought veggie food, and asked us if we wanted him to change his gloves, then he noticed the bread had a dot of red sauce from the tikka chicken they were also selling, and got us a new one, without us even having to ask.  Very impressed.  It was also delicious.  In fact, I ate the same food from the same stalls last year and couldn't wait to go back and eat them all again this year!

What do Vegans Eat?  secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

Sometimes only a supernoodle will do.  Or an Aldi, 20p, curry noodle in this case.  

What do Vegans Eat?  secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

I live on Aldi dark chocolate reindeer in December.  And I'm not ashamed!

What do Vegans Eat?  secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

What do Vegans Eat?  secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

I tried Violife vegan cheese this month.  I'm not a fan of it melted, it got all stuck to my teeth, but I like it to nibble on or with crackers.  I'm so happy to find vegan cheese that I actually like the taste and texture of! 

What do Vegans Eat?  secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

This is one of my Christmas dinners, I had one cooked by my sister in law, and one by my mum.  Mum made me Linda McCartney Sausages, roast potatoes, stuffing balls, broccoli and cauliflower.  Yum!

Vegans, What did you eat this month?  What did you have for your Christmas dinner?

4 comments:

  1. oh yay! i love seeing what other vegans eat! we had lasagne for christmas lunch!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I did the Christmas cooking I wouldn't have a roast dinner, although I do love roast potatoes, Christmas pasta sounds yummy!

      Delete
  2. Susie all of that food looks totally yummy - That pretzel was nearly the size of your head!!! Hope you have a lovely New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel very full after eating that enormous pretzel, but I'd do it again!
      Happy new year to you too :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie