Friday 2 January 2015

Easy Green Actions, January 2015.


Here's my round up of easy, eco friendly actions for this month,

Check out Jen's ideas for sustainable new year resolutions, she has lots of great resources on her blog.

Sign Friends of the Earths petition to ask David Cameron to stop fracking.

If one of your new year resolutions is to eat healthier, then why not try veganism this month, find out more about Veganuary here.

I've pretty much finished my decluttering in preparation for moving home (I've sent about 15 bags to the charity shop so far), but if you need to have a clear out have a look at My Zero Waste's Dump Your Junk challenge for January.  

If you have any causes or actions to add then let me know in the comments and if I like it I'll add it in.  And feel free to share any of this info (or the whole post) wherever and with whoever you like - if you sign any of the petitions and use social media then please consider using the share on facebook or twitter options that pop up, it increases the reach of these actions and awareness of these issues even further.

8 comments:

  1. You're always ahead!!! ;) During the past December I've tried my first recipe of vegan brownies and I was totally satisfacted! A good step, isn't it? Happy New Year, Sooz, and thank you you're always the dearest one among my followers! Much love xxx Danda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE vegan brownies! I can never get them to go right but my friend makes delicious ones.

      Happy new year to you my friend xxx

      Delete
  2. Where are you going Susie ? are you staying in Wellington ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm staying in Welly, about a 10 minute walk from where I live now, moving (so long as all goes well) to a place big enough for me and my boyfriend.

      Happy new year Wean, I tried to leave a message on your blog but it wouldn't let me, hope 2015 is very good to you.

      Delete
    2. Good luck with your move - I'll look forward to seeing pictures of your new place.
      I'll check my settings re leaving messages, I haven't blogged for a few months because 'life has been happening' so they may need resetting.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, the people we're buying from are dragging their feet at the moment, but I hope it'll all go through soon enough.

      Delete
  3. Hi there Sooz... I totally got lost on Jen's page, I went to the websites, then clicked other websites, I was in Eco-website heaven!
    I'm also in the process of downsizing, but because I'm putting all of my stuff in storage and moving to England for 6-12 months with my children in June. We are taking a sabbatical of sorts! I'd love to meet you while I'm over there! I'm hoping for a job that I just applied for in Ringwood ... Fingers crossed!!!
    Good luck with your move Sooz! And a very very happy New Year! I Hope you have health, love and are very prosperous!
    Much love,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy,

      Good luck with your job, I hope you get it :D It would be lovely to meet you while you're here, let's talk about it nearer the time.

      Thank you sooo much for the Christmas card, I loved it! I am working on something to pop in the post to you too!

      Happy new year Tammy, it sounds like you're going to have great adventures in 2015! xx

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie