Saturday 15 August 2015

What do Vegans Eat? Vegan Meal and Snack Ideas.

People always ask me about the vegan foods I eat, so here are some of the meals and snacks I've eaten this month, 

What do Vegans Eat?  Vegan Meal Ideas.  Onion bhaji wrap

Onion bhaji wrap.  I always buy an onion bhaji wrap from this Indian food stall that's at the German Christmas market in Birmingham (I usually get the tandori chips too, yum!) and then I think about it all year.  I decided it was time to make my own!  I made this one with a pre-made bhaji (from Morrisons), some lettuce and spring onions, a sprinkling of chia seeds and an Aldi garlic wrap

What do Vegans Eat?  Vegan Meal Ideas.  Garlic Bread and Garlic mushrooms

Garlic bread and mushrooms.  We like garlic in this house!  You can buy something called 'Garlic Toasties' from Aldi, that are slices of garlic bread, pan fry these and they become delicious and crispy, and serve with some fried mushrooms and garlic.  

What do Vegans Eat?  Vegan Meal Ideas.  Spicy bean burger wrap

Spicy bean burger wrap.  Morrisons spicy bean burger, sliced up, with salad, sesame seeds and ketchup in a garlic wrap.

What do Vegans Eat?  Vegan Meal Ideas.  vegan samosa and pakora

Vegan pakoras and samosa.  I had these at the Seasonal Market in Digbeth, the samosa was pretty much all potato and it was the best!  They were from the Indian Rasoi, I also ate a vegan vanilla cupcake and some paprika sprinkled fries from a hotdog stall.  I missed out on the Budda Belly vegan Thai noodles, I'll have to have those next time!  It was so exciting to be somewhere were every food truck had at least one vegan option, all clearly marked, this sort of thing doesn't happen in my sleepy little town!

What do Vegans Eat?  Vegan Meal Ideas.  chickpea and couscous salad

Chick pea and seed couscous.  I'm trying to be one of those people who always has a big bowl of salad or left overs in the fridge, so I have something healthy to eat when I don't feel like cooking (which is often!).  For this I made some couscous with some vegetable Oxo stock cube.  I dry fried chick peas with cumin, coriander, black pepper and turmeric, pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds, then mixed it all together with sliced spring onions. 

What do Vegans Eat?  Vegan Meal Ideas.  new potato chips.

New potato chips.  Every year my local chip shop put a sign outside saying 'Now frying this years new potatoes', which causes huge queues!  I love new potato chip time, they're so yummy!  My local chippy's pretty good year round, and do huge portions (that's a 'cone' of chips, wrapped up!) but I find it hard to resist at this time of year.  

What have you been eating?

Linking up with Flaunt it Friday and Your Turn to Shine.

2 comments:

  1. That all looks super tasty Susie!! I love the idea of that chickpeas couscous, got to try that!!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That couscous is one of those things that tastes ok on the first day you make it, then tastes sooo much better once it's been in the fridge overnight!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie