Sunday 8 September 2019

Charity shopping.

I'm trying to stop so much stuff coming into my house, but sometimes I can't resist!

Charity shop finds from UK charity shop blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com #charityshopping #secondhand #holliehobbie #kilncraftmidas #leparfaitjar

My mum gave me this, I assume it came from her charity shop, I LOVE it! 
Le Parfait jar, present, local Oxfam shop.

Charity shop finds from UK charity shop blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com #charityshopping #secondhand #holliehobbie #kilncraftmidas #leparfaitjar

I usually by the mustard colourway of this crockery, but I couldn't resist this because it was super duper cheap!
Kilncraft Midas bowl, 25p, local Samaritans charity shop. 

Charity shop finds from UK charity shop blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com #charityshopping #secondhand #holliehobbie #kilncraftmidas #leparfaitjar

I bought myself a jar of wooden beads.  I have a craft in mind for them where they'll become heads!
Jar of beads, £1.75, local Hope House charity shop.

Charity shop finds from UK charity shop blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com #charityshopping #secondhand #holliehobbie #kilncraftmidas #leparfaitjar

Excuse this awkward photo of this item being held aloft, it was the best lighting I could get!  I was walking down the high street and this was outside one of the charity shops.  It didn't have a price and I paid a bit more than I'd usually pay, but the money goes to a good cause so I can't really complain.
Bamboo plant stand, £5, local Air Ambulance charity shop. 

Charity shop finds from UK charity shop blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com #charityshopping #secondhand #holliehobbie #kilncraftmidas #leparfaitjar

Charity shop finds from UK charity shop blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com #charityshopping #secondhand #holliehobbie #kilncraftmidas #leparfaitjar

Charity shop finds from UK charity shop blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com #charityshopping #secondhand #holliehobbie #kilncraftmidas #leparfaitjar

I fell down a bit of a nostalgic Hollie Hobbie internet hole last month, then searched for Hollie Hobbie on eBay, then found this and bought it and I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but I really love it! 
Vintage Hollie Hobbie single duvet cover, £5, eBay.

Have you found any excellent bargains lately? 





11 comments:

  1. I like my klilner jars, so def. love your charity gift of Le Parfait jar, the wooden beads are cool too - look forward to seeing what you do with them. After your charity shopping posts i always feel like doing my own, just never get round to it - one day i will - thanks for the inspiration and hope your well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am well thanks, hope you are too :) I love seeing charity shopping posts, but they are a pain - I have to go round my house tring to find what I've recently bought!

      Delete
  2. Holly Hobbie… how lovely to see that again! Reminds me of my childhood so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the feeling of not being able to resist. What's that saying? I can resist everything except temptation - that definitely applies to me!
    Will you share what you make with those beads? I'd love to see...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thay saying is definietly me too!
      I will share but it might take me a while to get round to using the beads!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE your plant stand! Definitely would like one of those!!! They are so cool!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh!! Hollie Hobbie - why did I think these girlie pics were called Sarah Kay or Key or something like that? :) I still have very similar stickers from childhood, I checked and they were called 'Miss Petticoat'! Or 'Plavokapica' - 'Blue Hat' - in Serbo-Croatian :) (a language, that doesn't even exist now, apparently!) in ex-Yugoslavia! I have very similar patterns on a nightie I wore in 2nd grade, and still wear in the Summer (needs a bit of fixin' tho) my mum sewed it! It was to my ankles initially, now it's a mini length! :) My fave still!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bamboo plant stand too! Do tell how it will turn out in practice - is bamboo really moisture/mold resistant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Layla, hope you're doing well :)

      That's so sweet that you still have your Hollie Hobbie-esque nightie!

      The bamboo plant stand holds a plant pot inside, so hopefully won't get wet or soil-y, I've had other ones for years and they hold up pretty well. :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie