- I started a blog!
- I started volunteering at an organic garden
- I went to my first Friends of the Earth meeting
- I went all the way to the bottom of France on holiday without taking an aeroplane
- I haven't used a plastic bag since I pledged to stop during zero waste week
- I've only used 1 plastic bottle since I pledged to stop using them during zero waste week
- I found out where to recycle my old electric toothbrush!
- I hand made most presents I've given this year from reused and repurposed things.
- I started a distance learning course in Environmental Sciences and I'm 2 topics through (despite not studying any science since I was 16 - eek!)
- I grew my own garlic! And lettuce and radishes.
- I stopped eating biscuits wrapped in plastic and have started baking my own.
- I've opted out of as much junk and unnecessary mail as possible.
- I haven't bought a new CD all year (since I discovered spotify - woop!)
- I've bought far less stuff than ever before
I started this blog thinking I was on the verge of getting my own house and being in charge of the eco-friendlyness....that hasn't happened for me this year and I'm staying with my Mum for now, so I haven't been able to do as much as I'd like...however, a new home for me is on the horizon (sharing with some of my good good friends - yey) and hopefully a job too, so in 2010 I hope to be having a lot more eco-friendly frolics! Once I'm in my own place I'll be allowed (lol) to make a big veggie patch in the garden, weigh our weekly rubbish, try to convince my housemates that we NEED some chickens, try to convince my new housemates that we can/should decorate and furnish our new home while buying nothing new and have general happy-time adventures! Roll on 2010!
I hope you've done things in 2009 and that make you proud and that you have plans for 2010 that make you feel fizzy inside like a bottle of lemonade (remember to recycle that bottle, y'all!)!!??
And I just want to say thank you to all those who've read or visited this blog in 2009 - thank you so much, I really enjoy being a small part in this eco-blogcommunity that radiates it's awesomeness across the internet!