Sunday 9 December 2012

Winter Garden...

Even though it's frosty cold outside we still have some brave little flowers cheering up our garden...


These are my pots ready for putting on my balcony when I move...there's a mixture of all sorts of things in them, crocus, daffodil and snowdrop bulbs in the bottom, pansies and violas, ivy, fern, cyclamen and forget me nots (last years seedlings coming up, they won't flower till next year, but they're nice and green for now!)...


I bought this orange, bobbly article for 20p in homebase (in fact I bought pretty much all the pansies for 20p a tray in homebase a couple of weeks ago too!)...


Mum bought me a little christmas tree too...it's soo cute!


My hyacinths are doing interesting root-y things.  They're also doing mould-y things (I don't know if it was getting sweaty in the box, I've stabbed some ventilation holes in it now just in case!) I hope they survive long enough to flower in my new home...


The veg garden is now pretty much bare, apart from the giant brassicas and some little leeks...


And I picked the last of my peppers.


Are your gardens surviving the cold?

4 comments:

  1. I just nominated you for the Liebster Blog award because I love your blog! :)

    Find out more here: http://studiomaisonblog.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    Saralyn

    www.studiomaisonblog.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I shall go and check it out now :)

      Delete
  2. hello
    you have a wonderful garden!!! like your blog!
    happy new year!
    greetings from germany,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo! Danke Shon for visiting my blog! Ein glückliches neues Jahr! I studied German at school for 5 years, but that was quite some time ago and I don't remember very much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie