Monday 5 September 2016

How to make vegan Thai spiced noodles.

This is my recipe for spiced Thai noodles, they've become a bit of an obsession round these parts!

Every couple of months Joe and I go to a seasonal market with food and crafts, down the street-art-ified back alleys of Digbeth, Birmingham.  I am IN LOVE with some 'lightly spiced Thai noodles' sold at one of the street food stalls (these ones!), I even dream about them!  

How to make vegan Thai spiced noodles. secondhandsusie.blogspot.com #vegan #veganrecipe #thainoodles #veganblog

Sadly, I don't have 24 hour access to those yummy Thai noodles, so I've been trying out a recipe of my own and I've finally perfected it.  

Lots of Thai curry paste isn't vegan due to the presence of fish sauce.  We found some that's suitable for vegans in Tesco, so that's what I've been using.

You will need
1 teaspoon Thai curry paste
small thumb sized piece of ginger
2 fat garlic cloves
veg - whatever you like but I use1 carrot, 1/2 red pepper, 1 small onion, frozen peas, spring onions
oil

2 servings of your noodles of choice - we use ramen or whole wheat noodles
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
salt/half a vegetable stock cube

frying pan
sauce pan

serves 2

How to make your yummy Thai spiced noodles

First chop all the veg into small pieces and the garlic and ginger into tiny pieces.

Put some water in the kettle and boil it, while you fry the carrot and onion in some oil in the frying pan.

Add the peppers and peas, garlic, ginger and curry paste to the frying pan.

Add turmeric, salt (or stock cube) and the noodles to boiling water in the saucepan and cook following the packet instructions (usually for about 4 minutes).

Drain the noodles.

Add spring onions to the frying pan and fry for 1 minute.

Add the noodles to the frying pan with a tiny drop of oil and stir through.

That's it, pour those noodles into a bowl and get slurping.  The best thing about this recipe, apart from it being delicious, is it's so quick!  It takes me no longer than 10 minutes to chop, fry and boil my way to lovely Thai spiced noodles, much quicker than a trip to Digbeth!

 
How to make vegan Thai spiced noodles. secondhandsusie.blogspot.com #vegan #veganrecipe #thainoodles #veganblog





6 comments:

  1. It looks delicious! I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious, I'll give that a go.

    Along with everyone else, I love street food, it's great for vegans isn't it. We had some very yummy food at the weekend, so my next new dish is jollof rice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I love street food, it's good for us cos my husband isn't vegan, so there's usually a good variety of choice for both of us! Jollof rice sounds goooood! :D

      Delete
  3. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie