Friday 9 March 2018

I made a thing, crochet sleepy head mice.

I made a cute crochet jellyfish for my new niece, but her big sisters needed presents too!

I made a thing, sleepy head mice. By UK crochet blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com #crochet #crochetblog #crochetmice #mousesleepyhead #ravelry

I wanted to make a baby somethings, because they have a new baby in their lives, and I fell in love with these little baby mice in their own leafy beds.

I made a thing, sleepy head mice. By UK crochet blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com #crochet #crochetblog #crochetmice #mousesleepyhead #ravelry

I used this lovely free pattern for a mouse sleepy head from Ravelry.  I pretty much followed the pattern for the mice, but I just did htr stitches for the whole bed, which made it easier, using this method meant the bed only needed 5 rounds, and I missed off the little leaf from the bed too.

I used DK yarn, and a 2.5mm hook for the mice and a 3.5mm hook for the beds and blankets, the eyes are teeny tiny safety eyes. 

I made a thing, sleepy head mice. By UK crochet blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com #crochet #crochetblog #crochetmice #mousesleepyhead #ravelry

I've actually started up a Facebook page for my crochet-ty makes, just to take orders from friends and family on a kind of casual basis to make a few extra pennies, and I've already been commissioned to make a pair of guinea pigs!  Check it out if you'd like to.




10 comments:

  1. They are absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet, my nieces would love them! (I'd have to teach myself how to crochet again, I'm sure I've forgotten it's been so long).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! To be honest I hadn't crocheted anything for ages before I made these, but it came straight back to me! It must be like riding a bike!

      Delete
  3. Such cute, sweet little mice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adorable - I hope they are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think they were, they were well played with in the pub when I gave them to the girls anyway!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie