Tuesday 27 March 2012

Charity Shop Treasure...Cath Kidston Keyring!

I bought this today in my local Shelter shop...I don't usually buy new things from charity shops (I think it kinda defeats the object!) but I saw a box of these hidden away by the counter and had to have one...£3!  Why yes please!  They're sold in aid of Shelter for a raise the roof appeal, which I have googled and am unable to find anything else about...which is funny because there's a code on the back to enter online to 'register your £3 contribution and raise the roof' but the website doesn't seem to exist....I wonder if it's an old campaign....very strange...anyway it's pretty and lovely for my keys and I think Shelter do splendid work, (For about a month I worked as a 'chugger' for various charities (I didn't last long, I'm not a good sales person and I felt bad being paid to fund raise for charities) and Shelter was one of them...if you put on a red Shelter hoodie and stand in a town centre you would be absolutely amazed at how many vulnerable people come up to you to ask for help or tell you their tales of homelessness...I'll never, ever, ever forget some of the things I heard in those couple of weeks so I always give to Shelter or other homelessness charities when I can).

I'm very happy to have found it!  I love the little yellow dog! He's so cute! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie