Thursday 26 February 2015

What do Vegans Eat? Vegan Meal Ideas, February 2015.

People always ask me 'What do you eat?', so here are a few of the vegan meals I've eaten this month.

Vegan Violife cheese and crackers  secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

Vegan cheese and crackers.  I love having cheese and crackers, I'm so glad that I've found a vegan cheese I actually like.  I've got the Violife cheddar flavour slices here, I prefer the original though.  I also have sesame sticks from Holland and Barrett, prawn cocktail Melts crisps from Aldi, a Kallo buckwheat and rice cake and Jacobs cream crackers and black pepper crackers.  Yum.  

Vegan stir fry with onion bhaji and sauteed leeks.  secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

Stir Fry with Onion Bhaji and Leeks.  I like to pack as many veggies as possible into my meals, this stir fry has a red onion, half a red bell pepper, a handful of spinach and a handful of peas. On the side there's sauteed leek with garlic, and it's all topped off with a Morrisons mini onion bhaji cut into quarters. 

Fried mushrooms, potatoes and Linda McCartney Sausages. Vegan. secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

Pan-fried potatoes and mushrooms, with Linda McCartney sausages.  My boyfriend made this, we're trying to recreate the potatoes and mushrooms from the Birmingham German Christmas market.  We're not quite there yet, but we're getting close! 

Falafel and Salad Wrap. Vegan meal ideas.  secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

Falafel Wrap.  I bought this from a takeaway place when we were in Cardiff.  The falafel were cooked fresh, I had lettuce and sweet onions in the wrap, and then the whole thing was toasted in a panini press, the falafels were super garlicky and yummy.

Falafel Sandwich. Vegan meal ideas.  secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

Falafel sandwich.  Inspired by the yummy falafel we ate in Cardiff!  I use Granose Falafel Mix to make falafel.  You add water to the dry mix in the packet and leave it to stand for a few minutes, before shaping it into balls and frying.  I add in some canned chickpeas, mashed a bit with a fork, and I use two spoons and knowledge gleaned from watching too much masterchef to make quenelles of falafel mix.  Fry them in a little oil, then serve in a bun with salad. 


Vegan chocolate pancakes.  When I was making my Shrove Tuesday pancakes, I had a little batter left over, so I popped some chocolate chunks in it and made this yummy little chocolate pancake-ette!

What vegan treats have you been eating this month?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie