Saturday 25 February 2012

Library Love....A Greyhound of a Girl, Diamond Star Halo...


This month I've loved reading...

A Greyhound of a Girl - Roddy Doyle
This is one of those books at work that no one knows whether to put in Adult Fiction or Junior Fiction (I just googled it, it's junior fiction!), both me and my mum have read it and really enjoyed it.  It's the happy, sad, real, funny story of 4 generations of women, 1 dead, 1 dying, 2 living, discovering their stories and going on an adventure together...I shed a wee tear at the end!

Diamond Star Halo - Tiffany Murray
I loved this book mostly because of the setting, it's set on 'Rockfarm' a family farm converted into a recording studio, and features the bands that pass through the family's life, gypsies, ghosts, growing up, families (and some quite dysfunctional sexual relationships (eek!)...it's funny and sweet and made me want to live on a farm/recording studio!

What have you been reading?

1 comment:

  1. I like the sound of these books, will look out for them...

    I'm reading Mr Two Bomb, set in Hiroshima during WW2 - it's a book which is part of the Cornwall library reading group & am loving it so far...

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie