Tuesday 15 May 2012

Library Love...All Sewn Up, Cross Stitch, Catching Fire...


I have mostly been reading....

All Sewn Up - Chloe Owens
If you went inside my head it would look a lot like the pages of this book...it's full of pretty floral patterns and rabbits with trippy eyes!  I'm not sure I'd want to try some of the embroidery projects, I don't have the patience for it, but the sewing ones are nice and the pictures for everything are droolworthy.  Do I have to take this one back to the library?

Cross Stitch - Diana Gabaldon
My friend at work recommended me this book and when I started reading it I thought it was the most boring thing ever, but once you get past the boring first bit, that's set in the 1940s and get to the part where the lady steps through a timey-wimey portal into 1700s Scotland, meets a gorgeous outlaw and has many adventures, then it's the most brilliant thing ever.  Thankfully this is part of a series, so I shall have plenty more timey-wimey adventures to keep me going.

The Hunger Games Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
This wasn't as good as the first one, but still good enough for me to have finished it in a couple of days.  I HAVE to read the last one now, I'm on the library waiting list for it and it seems to be taking ages!

What have you been reading?


3 comments:

  1. I think first Hunger Games book is the best & I preferred the 3rd to the 2nd...

    I've been reading Enough by John Naish, for the second time. It's a good thought provoking book about materialism.

    Hope you're having a good week.

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 3rd Hunger Games book was waiting for me at work when I got in today (yey!) so I can get started on it tonight!

      That John Naish book sounds brilliant, I just googled it, sounds like a very sensible fellow!

      Hope you're having a lovely week too! xx

      Delete
  2. Just discovered your blog, am having a wonderful read! I treated myself to the "All Sewn Up" book and its great full of ideas, I keep going back to it every few days, its just so cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie