Friday 9 November 2012

Autumn Garden...

'Scuse the horrible photos - the light was not good and neither was my camera (I was too lazy to get my 'big' camera out and just used the small, crap pink one that lives in my bag!)

In the greenhouse we have this disgusting looking pepper...it cost 50p a few weeks ago in a sale...I've already had 2 peppers off it and I'm hoping it won't die/get too cold before the other 3 on it turn red.  And my solitary chilli pepper...only one grew, but it's ok cos I thought I'd only planted bell pepper seeds anyway, so this one's a surprise chilli!


Beneath the mysterious bran flake box is....


Hyacinth bulbs...£1 each from the pound shop...it said to put them somewhere dark and cool, but not too cool...this was the best I could come up with...


I've still got a few pretty flowers in my pots...


And loads of nasturtiums on my wigwam...the leaves are just turning brown now, but I'll leave it up for as long as the flowers last, so any passing insects can feed from them...


My veggie garden is looking a bit sad...I pulled up the last of my sweet corn and broad bean plants today, and my courgette plants have completely disappeared (I think mum must have got fed up of them!)...still got some baby kale plants, lettuce, some sort of giant brassicas (not sure what they are...will have to ask mum!) and some leeks...


This is my little harvest for today...I ate the pepper and sweet corn in a stir fry - yum!


How are your gardens growing?

2 comments:

  1. I feel a little guilty now about my neglected garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not really been the weather for gardening, and you've had other little things keeping you busy!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie