Friday 26 September 2014

Balcony Garden, September 2014.

It's definitely feeling autumnal now, but my little balcony is still giving me some flowers and food!  These little begonias have flowered all summer and are keeping my new garden fairy company (she was a birthday present from a friends mum).

Balcony garden autumn 2014.  secondhandsusie.blogpsot.com

I have a last few strawberries coming.

Balcony garden autumn 2014.  secondhandsusie.blogpsot.com

The green leaves in this planter are a chickpea plant.  I think it's too late in the season for it to actually produce chickpeas but it's nice foliage anyway. 

Balcony garden autumn 2014.  secondhandsusie.blogpsot.com

I moved some chive plants I had growing inside to this trough outside, they seem much happier here.  You can see that my fuchsia is still flowering too, and that I need to sweep up the autumn leaves that keep fluttering onto my balcony from a nearby tree.

Balcony garden autumn 2014.  secondhandsusie.blogpsot.com

I did a late sowing of rainbow chard, and am very pleased they've germinated.  I've never grown it before this year but it's one of my favourites now!


I treated myself to some lilac-y purple pansies as I was passing the greengrocers the other day, they're really pretty and should flower all winter. 

Balcony garden autumn 2014.  secondhandsusie.blogpsot.com

I still have sunflowers flowering too.  I love them! 

Balcony garden autumn 2014.  secondhandsusie.blogpsot.com

How are your gardens?  Are the seasons changing where you are yet?

4 comments:

  1. I don't have a garden, per say. But I do have one baby cactus and two wax leaf plants, and they are loving the weather. However, I will probably have to bring them in soon, because it's starting to get very chilly at night. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I like the sound of your little plants, I have a housefull of succulents and cactus too, it's too cold here to let them out in the summer though, I but yours like being out in the sun though!

      Delete
  2. My garden is starting to look a bit bedraggled, although like you my begonias are still blooming and looking lovely, the tomatoes are ripening in the poly - I will have to make some chutney with them as we have a bumper crop this year. I love your pansies they look so pretty and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mums had lots of tomatoes too, I grew a plant on my balcony but it only had 2 fruits that dropped off before they ripened! Good job I don't like tomatoes very much anyway!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie