Saturday 30 April 2016

My home grown harvest, April 2016.

I'm still waiting for anything new to grow, but I'm eating things I planted last year! 

I planted pretty red spring onions in the pots either side of our front door last autumn and they're just ready to pick now.  I love the colour of them!  I used these ones in a chickpea and couscous concoction that's nice as a side dish or to take to work for lunch.

My home grown harvesst, April 2016. Red spring onions, garlic chives and rainbow chard - what a colourful harvest! secondhandsusie.blogspot.com

The garlic chives are finally big enough to harvest!  You can definitely tell the difference between these and normal chives!  Garlicky!

My home grown harvesst, April 2016. Red spring onions, garlic chives and rainbow chard - what a colourful harvest! secondhandsusie.blogspot.com

The good old rainbow chard is still going, I can't believe how much I've had from 6 little plants!

My home grown harvesst, April 2016. Red spring onions, garlic chives and rainbow chard - what a colourful harvest! secondhandsusie.blogspot.com

What are you growing and harvesting this month?  Do you have any early crops to eat yet?

Linking up with Harvest Mondays.

3 comments:

  1. I've hardly done anything in the garden so far, but its been so old hopefully the garden won't notice that things are a little late. I love garlic chives - they're the one thing that are doing very well at the minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There has been lots of snow here lately so I think a lot of the things people have planted might have died, we don't have a garden but that is ok as my fingers are no where green. But the bunnies like the dandelion I find in between the gravel out back and the raspberry that only lives under my deck. I do wish I could grow things as good as you:)
    Btw, want to see my awesome thrifted chair I found last week? i thought you might like it: http://viljes-bunny.blogspot.no/2016/04/flea-market-thrifting.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done so well with the chard and the Spring onions look amazing!!!!!! WHERE ARE MY CHARD SEEDS!!???!?! I had some!!!x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie