Sunday 5 May 2019

Easy green actions and articles.


Easy green actions and articles, from UK eco blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com #eco-friendly #ukblogger #ecoblogger #savetheworld

Here are a few easy online actions and interesting articles to make the world a better, greener, happier, place, 


Edinburgh has become the first city in the UK to have traffic-free days!  I love this idea and hope it spreads to other cities and towns. 


This is an interesting article, if the government actually does something - like put it's money and power behind eco initiatives, the UK could cut it's greenhouse gas emissions to ZERO by 2050 - yes please! 


How can I write one of these blog posts without mentioning Extinction Rebellion.  Oh my gosh, I may have wept a little bit watching the action taking place in the UK and all over the world to stop a climate catastrophe.  You can check out their website for what's happening now and to find your local group. 

Don't forget to donate to Extinction Rebellion if you can.  There's nowt doing in my town in terms of an XR group or protests, and I couldn't get to London for the big protests, the least I can do is give a donation.

Over the Easter bank holiday Britain went 90 hours without using electricity from coal - woop woop.

It is still not too late to act. It will take a far-reaching vision, it will take courage, it will take fierce, fierce determination to act now, to lay the foundations where we may not know all the details about how to shape the ceiling. In other words, it will take cathedral thinking. I ask you to please wake up and make changes required possible.




Sign Friends of the Earth's petition asking the government to adopt their plan to stop a climate emergency.  See their 6 part plan here. 

And finally, the UK government has become the first in the world to declare an environment and climate emergency - and I'm really interested to see what'll happen next. 




2 comments:

  1. I do hope that the government take action- it would be so good if we could all really get behind making a change!
    The comment above makes me smile! Where is the end punctuation?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, although I'm hearing zero mention of the climate from the government lately and only Brexit and Tory party leadership - uuurgh so frustrating!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie