Sunday 28 July 2019

My homegrown harvest, July 2019.

July's been a month of raspberries.  Sooo many raspberries.  I only have autumn fruiting raspberries, but that doesn't seem to be stopping them fruiting now!


I've had loads of greens too, which I've been shredding, wilting in boiled water, then squeezing into little handfuls to freeze, so I can use it later in the year.


We had our first, one and only cherry, it was delicious, the variety is 'sweetheart'.


My 'discovery' apples started falling off the tree so I picked them all, which was a mistake as they're SUPER sour and nowhere near ripe!  They're on the windowsill, I hope they'll soak up some sun and get a bit sweeter. 


I didn't manage to grow any carrots last year so yey for carrots this year!  The variety is 'berlicum' and they're really nice. 


I've also had loads of strawberries, purple snap peas, potatoes, beets, some baby onions and a little baby garlic.







What have you been growing this month?




2 comments:

  1. OOoh, I love this! Our Autumn fruiting raaspberries are properly going for it right now! I've had 100 raspberries in the last 2 days alone- crazy! Mainly had beans so far and some small courgettes. Our apples don't seem to be growing and just seem to be falling off the tree sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's a lot of raspberries! Sorry about your apples, maybe they'll do better next year!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie