Wednesday 25 August 2010

Blackberrying...

My friends and I took a lovely (very wet) walk today to lane next to a reservoir at the bottom of a hill where some blackberries grow....

It was great fun, I've never been blackberrying before!  I have load of blackberries (and we left lots for the birds to eat of course!)  They're mostly a bit too sour, so I think I might mush them up with some sugar and make blackberry fruit leather in my food dehydrator, I don't like cooked fruit, so I have to find something to do with the blackberries I can't eat in the next couple of days. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm keeping my eyes out for some blackberries too. I have some growing in the garden, but not enough to yield a jam recipe.

    Looks like you had fun blackberrying, even though it was raining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you find some blackberries soon! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie