Thursday 27 November 2014

What do Vegans Eat? November 2014.

People always ask me 'What do you eat?', so here are a few of the vegan meals I've eaten this month.

What do vegans eat? Cinnamon raisin bagels, spread with Pure vegan margarine, with OJ for my breakfast.  These bagels are from the brand New York Bakery Co and are really yummy.

Cinnamon raisin bagels, spread with Pure vegan margarine, with OJ for my breakfast.  These bagels are from the brand New York Bakery Co and are really yummy.

What do vegans eat? vegan wellington, it's made from Linda McCartney Sausages, blended with herbs, shaped into a little loaf shape, covered in mushrooms, vegan pate and puff pastry

My boyfriend invented this vegan wellington, it's made from Linda McCartney Sausages, blended with herbs, shaped into a little loaf shape, covered in mushrooms, vegan pate and puff pastry.  He made roast potatoes and peas to go with it.

What do vegans eat? Morrisons own brand breaded garlic mushrooms are vegan, they're in a purple bag in the freezer section.

Morrisons own brand breaded garlic mushrooms are vegan (as far as I can tell), they're in a purple bag in the freezer section.  You can cook them in the oven or deep fry them, but I've found cooking in the oven makes them go too soft and get stuck to the baking tray.  As I was deep frying anyway, I made homemade chips too.  Yum.

What do vegans eat? My mum's recipe for potato, leek and lentil bake.  I add in some chopped frozen spinach too, for extra healthiness

My mum's recipe for potato, leek and lentil bake.  I add in some chopped frozen spinach too, for extra healthiness. 

What do vegans eat? vegan mushroom pizza secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

What do vegans eat? vegan sausage and onion pizza secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

Vegan pizza! I make my own vegan pizza dough, top with a mixture of tomato ketchup and tomato puree, then whatever veg I fancy.  The top pizza is mushroom, garlic and spring onion, the bottom one is Linda McCartney sausage and red onion.  Both pizzas are topped with a homemade vegan 'cheese' topping made from ground up pine nuts, breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast flakes and onion powder. 

What do vegans eat? VBites Fish-Free Fish Fingers, with a baked potato and sweetcorn.

VBites Fish-Free Fish Fingers, with a baked potato and sweetcorn.  I really like these vegan fishless fingers, they're yummy.

What have you been eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie