Hello, this is the first crochet pattern I've ever written, you may notice that it's very simple, I've made it myself several times, but if you notice any mistakes please let me know...
small amount of brown dk yarn
3.5mm crochet hook
scraps of fabric to stuff it and to make the beak and breast
needle and embroidery thread
This pattern uses chain stitch (ch) and UK double crochet (dc) (US single crochet), slip stitch (slst) increasing and decreasing (dc2tog). You might like to use a stitch marker at the start of each round to help you keep count, I never do, because I can usually see where I am without them, and to be honest this pattern is simple enough that a stitch too few or too many doesn't really make any difference! So in the pattern, when I say 1dc, into next st, 2 dc into next st, repeat all the way round, I mean for one round, until you get back to your stitch marker (or if you're me, wherever you guess you started that round!).
1. Make 2 ch, 6dc into 2nd ch from hook, join with a slip stitch
2. 2dc in each st
3. 2dc in next st, 1dc in next st, repeat all the way round
4. 1dc in next 3sts, 2dc in next st rep. all the way round
5 - 9. 1dc in each st
10. idc in next 2 sts, dc2tog in next st, rep. all the way round. Add your stuffing here before the hole gets too small to get anything in!
11. 1dc in next st, dc2tog in next st, rep. all the way round
12. dc2tog until the hole at the top joins up
13. ch 30, join with a sl st to make the hanging loop.
Ch 2, 5dc into 2nd ch from hook, turning ch 2, 1 dc in each st, fasten with a slst.
If you can't crochet, I'm selling these in my etsy shop...here and here!