Tuesday 27 December 2011

Homemade Christmas...part 2...

I HAVE to show you what my brother and his girlfriend got me...I loooove it!


It's a vintage sewing basket...


And it's fulll!!!!





Soooo happy!

Mum bought me a little bunny vase, to go with my collection of bunny vases...



She also bought me a mini greenhouse, she found it in the sales and some lovely pink spotty pj bottoms (in fact after these 2 second hand presents everyone else gave up on the homemade Christmas idea...cheaters!)


Mum made me this yummy chocolate hedgehog cake...


And here's the plum rum we made, all bottled up and ready to give away to the friends we know will appreciate a festive slurp!


And that's about it...I have been thoroughly spoiled this year...hope you were too, whether that be with lovely gifts, time spent with people you love, or both!


9 comments:

  1. My grandma used to have the same tall bunny vase. I wish she had kept it, it's cute.

    It's wonderful that you got so many wonderful, thoughtful presents.

    Love the sewing box. super xmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a handmade/second-hand Christmas!

    --Jaclyn T
    TrickArt Jewellery: Nature Chic
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/trickartjewellery
    http://www.positiveponderings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the tall bunny vase may have been my nans actually, what a shame yours doesn't have hers anymore :( Hope you had a lovely christmas!

    Me too Jacyln! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sewing box!

    I have a really old Quality Street Tin that I use for my needles, threads, etc.

    Looks like you've had a good time!

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mini greenhouse is the BEST! I totally want one. I wonder where I could get one in NZ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The vintage sewing basket is awesome and its full. Fab. I am so happy for you. I had one of those greenhouses too, but lost it to high winds. Hoping to get another one when we move to Wales (yipee) Happy growing.

    Wishing you a Happy New Year - see you next year Soozx Its been a real pleasure and humbing to have found your blog space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did! Hope you had a lovely Chritmas too Kay!


    I love my greenhouse too Chelsea, hope you manage to find one in NZ, mine was just from a general type store (wilkinsons, it has everything!) but I've seen them in garden centres too!

    Shaheen, I'm really glad to have 'met' you and can't wait for another year of yummy recipes from you! I'm slightly worries about thw wind whisking my greenhuse away too..mum said we should hold it down with tent pegs, but then we remembered we have no grass to tent-peg it too in the new garden! I'll just have to put bricks in in or something!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lucky fish! So glad you had a good time with fam. Love your pressies! Especially your greenhouse! Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a lucky fish! I've never heard that expresion before! I think the greenhouse is my mums subtle way of saying 'please don't grow many pepper plants in my greenhouse this year, have your own and get out of my way!' i can't wait to get growing in it though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie