Sunday 3 February 2013

Easy Green Things To Do This Month...February 2013...


Here's this months round up of easy eco actions and activities...

The 9th of February is National Libraries Day, see if there's something exciting happening at a library near you, or just check out your local library...sharing books is eco friendly and free!

I like this petition for Crayola to take back and recycle their plastic pens.

Do these online actions from Greenpeace to ask tech. companies to use cleaner energy  and to ask your MEP to fix fishing laws and protect the ocean.

Use this website to generate a letter to your MP asking them to tackle pesticides that harm bees.

Sign up to the RSPBs Homes for Wildlife scheme for tips on making your garden more wildlife-friendly.

Sign up here to get a free fact sheet and email tips on growing in small spaces using containers - just in time to start daydreaming about spring planting!

If you have any ideas to be added to this months list, then let me know in the comments section and if I like it, I'll add it!  And feel free to share any of this info (or the whole post) wherever and with whoever you like! 

8 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve, you are invited to follow my blog!

      Delete
  2. Nice post...I just signed the crayola petition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's the Homes for Wildlife for me .. thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! Glad you're taking it up :)

      Delete
  4. Your post inspired me a lot. and i want to create a blog for myself. Its a nice post.
    Thanks for sharing it..!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie