Tuesday 15 April 2014

Library Love. Fangirl, Attachments, Look Great Naturally, Hip Crochet.


Lately, I've been reading,

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell.
1. I want to be called Rainbow  2. I Loved this book.  I read it in 3 days flat, I was so into the story and the characters.  Wren and Cather are twins who write fan fiction, but then they go to college and everything changes.  This is so so good, you should read it!

Attachments - Rainbow Rowell.
I loved this Rainbow Rowell novel too, this is an adult book, whereas Fangirl is YA fiction, but there's not too much difference in her writing, just in the ages of her characters.  I found this book harder to get into, the main character is in the process of taking 10 years to get over his highschool girlfriend, and at times I wanted to smack him and tell him to get a grip.  Once I got over that urge I really enjoyed it though, and stayed up late to finish the last 100 or so pages.

Look Great Naturally - Janey Lee Grace.
I grabbed this for something to read on my lunch break at work.  It's not the kind of book I'd normally go for, as I don't wear make up and it makes my feminist-y senses bristle to be told I can look great without ditching my lipstick (so I can't just look great without wearing lipstick, etc, etc, feminist rant ensues).  But, actually, it has lots of nice methods for eco friendly and health friendly beauty and I'm enjoying flicking through it.

Hip Crochet - Natalie Clegg.
I really love the gingerbread house crochet pattern in this book, it's so cute.  There are lots of other cute patterns in there too!

Have you read anything good this month?

2 comments:

  1. haha... feminist rant ensues. I hear you. But a new source of DIY natural lotions and potions are always welcome to me (though yeah, leave the lipstick part out)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Feminist rant ensues' pretty much sums up my response to a lot of things!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie