Friday 18 April 2014

Easter Crochet, Easter Chick.

My sister in law requested a crochet chick for my niece this Easter.  I was more than happy to oblige.  



My sis' in law found this Easter chick pattern online, which is free, and in Dutch, although you can use Google translate to change it to English.  I made it last night, in front of the telly, so it's a nice, quick easy make.  You could probably still knock one out before Easter if you wanted to!


There were some funny translations to deal with, google didn't do a brilliant job (kept telling me to do a 'half solid' or a 'fasting'), especially on the wings, legs, beak and cockscomb.  But these are easy enough to work out if you know a bit of crochet already.

I used double knitting yarn and a 3.5mm crochet hook to make this cute Easter chick.  I sewed on black felt for the eyes and used some old pink blusher for the cheeks.  I'm still working on using up all my wool, and this was another project where I didn't need to buy anything new.  Hurrah!

Have you been making anything crafty this Easter?

Linking up with Chic on a Shoestring.

12 comments:

  1. Cute!!! Happy Easter Susie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danda, Happy Easter to you too!

      Delete
    2. Hello Susie. So good to once again follow your blog post. I did earlier comment on your blog post but probably since it had some other information about what our church offers to the young as well as to the adults from the West, you may not have approved it. Well those chicks are so beautiful. Once again I would like to make another effort to share with you an opportunity to come to Mumbai, India on a short / long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai, India amongst poorest of poor to share the good news of Jesus Christ and to give them new hope, life and future. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai to work with us during their summer/ Christmas vacation. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

      Delete
    3. HI Diwakar, I hope your work helping people in India is successful. I am not Christian, and not interested in taking part in a mission, but I wish you well in the future.

      Delete
  2. You are so good at those crochet animals. Love it's little feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a great job of this super cute little chick - you are clever. I made a crochet wreath this week for a WI competition, will be posting about it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, its a bit worse for wear now, my niece gave it a nice little chew! I will look out for your wreath! :)

      Delete
  4. How did you make the beak? I'm struggling with it, even with google translate :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, from memory I think I did a magic ring, couple of chains, then 5 or 6 half trebles, to make like a flat half circle-ish shape, then kind of folded it so the first stitch met the last and sewed it together. Does that make sense!? Good luck!

      Delete
    2. Well, right after I sent my comment I figured it out :P Thank you, and Happy Easter! :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie