Sunday 5 January 2014

What do Vegans Eat?

I get asked this question a lot, so here's a photo-record, quick snaps of the every-day vegan meals and treats I've eaten in the past week or so...


1. Sausage Curry stir fry - with rice noodles, red pepper, onion, spring onion, sweet corn and peas.
2.  Popcorn - made on the stove, with melted vegan margarine and salt.
3.  Pan roasted seeds - sunflower and pumpkin seeds dry roasted in a frying pan mixed with raw sesame seeds.
4.  Aldi Dark Chocolate Reindeer - £1 each, om nom nom.
5.  Sandwich - brown seeded bread with Granovita Original Organic Vegetable Pate, which I think is yummy and perfect for lunch box sandwiches.
6.  'Chicken' burger, potatoes and veg - I was really excited to try VBites vegan and soya free Southern Chicken style Burgers, but I didn't like it.  I had it with my favourite type of potatoes though, boiled potatoes with melted vegan margarine and chopped spring onions, broccoli and sweet corn too.
7.  Hartley's Lemon and Lime Jelly Pot - yummy, ready made jelly with no gelatine!
8.  Hmmm, this was a bit of a concoction, left over mushroom pilau rice from a takeaway, mixed in with stir fried onion, pepper, spring onion, garlic and peas, with steamed veg on the side.

So there we go!

Linking up with Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways.

4 comments:

  1. It all looks delicious Sooz. I've been trying to eat less meat, aiming for none at all on weekdays but I'm afraid veganism is a bit too far for me. I love vegetables, pulses, seeds and grains but I couldn't live without dairy products. But maybe I could attempt a couple of days a week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that, vegan is a bit too much for a lot of people, a couple of days a week sounds like a good idea though, think of all the exciting new recipes you could try! :)

      Delete
  2. My darling Sooz, I love the look of your blog! It looks so fresh and so inviting!
    All of that food looks gorgeous... I have recently cut out all sugar and processed carbs, so it's been tricky to find food to eat, I know that might be funny to you as a Vegan but when you're used to eating posta and junk food and then suddenly you just fill your body with good nutrious food, you really have to stop and think about what it is that you need to cook. Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables have been key for me! And I will eat carbs if it's naturally grown, you know like potatos... but keeping them to a minimum. I bet you eat a lot of nuts, can you recomend some delicous ones I might not have tried? I eat a lot of almonds and cashews. Do you cook with nuts a lot?
    I hope that 2014 brings you much peace, love, hope and health.
    Much love to you,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy, I had a bit of a new years makeover! Hope that 2014 brings you lots of good things too! :)

      Ooo I could never give up carbs, although I do have to keep an eye on myself or I would eat white processed carbs at every meal, I think I have a problem. I'm trying to eat really healthily this month, then hopefully make it last all year, I had a lot of junk food over Christmas which made me feel a bit yucky so it's back to the veggies for me too!

      I like almonds and cashews too, but my favourite nut is the pistachio, they are so good, I can get a brand here that are dry roasted and unsalted that are really good. I also like hazelnuts :) Yum!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie