Friday 24 January 2014

Little Crochet Projects, Crochet Rainbow Card and Phone Case.

It was the birthday of the lady that runs the Rainbow Guide unit I help at, so I made her a suitably rainbow-ish card.


I'm quite pleased with the crochet rainbow, I made it up as I went along the just glued it on.  I poked two holes in the card and threaded some embroidery floss and letter beads through to spell out her name, which I think looks quite effective too.

A friend asked me to make this for her, a pink phone case.


I made it with 2 strands of magenta yarn held together for extra squidginess and quick-to-make-ness, then added a little flower and a crochet button.

I'm working on some crochet bunting for over my front door now, are you crocheting or making anything at the moment?

6 comments:

  1. Love the rainbow card, really cute, may have to have a go at that myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) One of the mums at Rainbows saw it and asked me to make a couple for her, so I will be having another go too!

      Delete
  2. Your rainbow card is lovely - The little flower on the phone cash is so sweet - did you make the pattern for that yourself too??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorna. When I started making flowers I used a pattern from Mollie Makes magazine, but I've been making them so long I have probably tweaked it into something of my own by now! I can write it out for you if you'd like a go?

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty. I've been scouring Ebay and charity shops for rainbow crochet blankets and things for the nursery xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      How exciting, everyone loves a rainbow crochet baby! (Well, I do anyway!)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie