Tuesday 15 December 2015

Library love.

This month I've been reading these lovely library books, 

Rainbow Rowell, Carry on, Anita Diamant The Boston Girl.  Library love secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

Carry On - Rainbow Rowell
I've loved everything Rainbow Rowell has ever written (Eleanor and Park and Fangirl are my favourites!), and I loved this book too.  In Fangirl Cath writes fanfic about Simon Snow and Baz, this is their story.  It's set in a school of magicks, had ghosts, adventure, love and is really funny.

The Boston Girl - Anita Diamant
The Boston Girl is such a lovely, lovely read, I've been recommending it to everyone!  Addie retells her life story, growing up in the early 1900s and through WW1, her education, friends, family and jobs, and her story is quite simple and gentle but absorbing.

My tiny veg plot, Lia Leendertz, The princess and the pony, Kate Beaton Library love secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk

My Tiny Veg Plot - Lia Leendertz
I've read lots of books in this series, there are ones on camper vans, caravans and allotments, I really like this one!  It's all about growing veg in small spaces, like balconies, windowsills or an empty swimming pool.  If you're looking for inspiration for unusual gardening then this book is for you!

The Princess and the Pony - Kate Beaton
This super-sweet children's picture book is about a cute, round pony with a wind problem.  Love!

Have you checked out any good books from your local library?



8 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about Kate Beaton's books especially Step Aside, Pops which is on my two read list as well as Carry On whenever I get around - too many books to read too little time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you, I have waaaaay too many books to read at the moment! And I've added Step Aside, Pops to my to-read list too, I'd not heard of Kate Beaton until we found her fab pony book in the children's section at work!

      Delete
  2. I adored Fangirl but hated the Simon Snow bits, so was wary about reading Carry On. But I loved it! Such an enjoyable read, and I thought Rowell did a good job of capturing the cadences of British teen speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I felt the same, but I was curious about the Simon Snow story, so I'm glad I read Carry On, I really did enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. I've heard great things about The Boston Girl...I will purchase it tomorrow...Thanks, Susie ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, I keep making my library customers take it home with them and they all seem to enjoy it!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I'm so glad you liked it :) I'll have a look for The Greenhouse in the library, thanks for the recommendation :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie