Wednesday 2 September 2009

How to Use Up Scraps...Fabric Yoyos, Origami Lucky Stars...

Due to all the unemployment I've been on a bit of a making things kick these last couple of weeks, but because I have trouble throwing anything out I end up with millions of tiny bits of material and paper...but finally I've found something to do with them....

Fabric yoyos...

I made a brooch out of 3 yoyos stitched together and stuck it to a card for my friends birthday. I'd like to make a bag covered in yoyos!

Paper lucky stars...

I L.O.V.E these! I'm going to attach some to earring hooks and have starry ears! And thread them on string to make star-chains to decorate my room!
I used the (brilliant!) tutorials here for both...
http://zakkalife.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-sew-fabric-yo-yos.html
http://zakkalife.blogspot.com/2007/08/rethinking-paper-lucky-stars.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie