Friday 30 April 2010

What I bought this month...

Some nail files for mum
2 packets of face mask
a TV guide magazine
3 books

Not bad this month I don't think - except Argh! More books! I can't be stopped, they put a table outside the charity shop, 4 books for £1, I have to walk past it and I can't help having a look! I know it's not too bad, because they're second hand and the money goes to charity, but I do want to start using the library and I am really really really going to try going once I've read these - because I agree with the borrowing -type-thinking behind libraries and I want to stop owning so many things!
Face mask - I have tried to go without this because it comes in funny metallicy sachets or squidgy plastic tubes which I can't recycle here. I did about 3 months without them and my skin was a state and was making me really sad so I'm going to use them again - does anyone know of a face mask that comes in recyclable packaging (except the Lush one which I can't afford) or a good recipe for a home made/natural face pack that maybe has some sort of mud or other something that will draw impurities out? I can only find moisturising ones online (honey, yogurt, avocado type ones) which is not what I need.

2 comments:

  1. Tomatoes and sugar! The sugar exfoliates and the tomatoes have antioxidants (I think). :P Apple cider vinegar is also supposed to be a good night toner. For more antioxidants you can add green tea to the other face masks or the apple cider vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo tomatoes you say! I'll definately give that a try, especially becuase I'm growing tomatoes this year :)
    Thanks Drea :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie