Saturday 15 February 2014

Going Low 'poo, Weeks 3 to 4.

Here's an update on my low 'poo adventures.  You can see the start of my no hair washing experiment here.


Week 3 - I upped the amount I brushed my hair and it seemed a bit happier.  It was actually quite shiny.  It looked most unhappy when I just wake up, I move about quite a lot in bed and I wake up with it matted and in crazy shapes every morning which take a bit of brushing out.  I seem to have less dandruff, which I used to have quite often before.

Week 4 - It's greasy again this week, which I think was caused by my using a bit of my lush solid conditioner bar on my hair.  It was a bit dry and fly-away so I thought the conditioner would help, apparently my hair disagrees.  I have only washed it one other time this week, with the solid shampoo and vinegar.  As the week went on, with lots of brushing, it felt less greasy.  It was really straight after not getting wet and bring brushed a lot, so I started dipping my brush in water while I was brushing it, which seems to have brought some curliness and bounciness back to my hair.  Yey!

It seems to be getting a bit better.  Brushing it often seems to be the key.  I shall update you again in a few weeks.

Has anyone else tried this?

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're figuring it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on Week 4 of low-poo, using a bar of Pine Tar soap once or twice a week. Some days I just rinse my hair and rub my scalp vigorously whilst doing so. Other days I use dry shampoo. I seem to be past the oily stage as well, and am using the dry shampoo less now. My hair is a bit fuller and wavier then it had been, which was my hope. So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura,

      It's interesting to read about your low 'poo experience, seems about the same as mine, although I don't use dry shampoo, just wash my hair with plain water when it feels a bit oily. Thankfully my hair is getting better and better as time goes on...hope yours does too!

      Delete
    2. Also, I've just looked up that type of soap, think I may be giving it a try when I've finished the bar I'm using at the moment!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie