Tuesday 20 May 2014

Library Love. Eleanor and Park, The Rosie Project, Midwinterblood and Rio De Janeiro.


This month I've been reading,

Eleanor and Park - Rainbow Rowell
I'm sad now I've read everything written by Rainbow Rowell!  Oh this book, I read it in 2 nights and stayed up till 4am each time.  I couldn't put it down.  I loved this book, set in the 1980s, with lots of musical references, interesting outfits and a heartbreaking plot.  You should read this!  Then wait for her next book to be out in July!

The Rosie Project - Graeme Simsion
This is really popular in the library, so I thought I should read it.  It took a while for me to get into this book, about a scientist who creates a questionnaire for perspective wives to fill out but meets a chaotic woman called Rosie instead.  I read the whole book in the voice of Moss from the IT Crowd because in my head that's who Don (the scientist guy) is!

Midwinterblood - Marcus Sedgwick
Ooooh this is good!  Merle and Eric live through 7 lives, meeting each other in each one.  It's fun to spot the same characters, themes and events that seem to follow them in each story.

Top 10 Rio De Janerio - DK Eyewitness Travel
This has been useful in planning my holiday to Rio to visit my friend.  It has the top ten sights, restaurants, museums and all sorts of other things to see and do.  Very useful indeed!

What have you been reading?

2 comments:

  1. You're so lucky for working in a library! I love reading too! Some of the books seem intriguing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Really lucky, I love my job and I love being surrounded by books!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie